Effective Software Test Automation: Developing an Automated Software Testing Tool-This books is written by
From the Back Cover Top 10 Best Test Automation Books
“If you′d like a glimpse at how the next generation is going to program, this book is a good place to start.”
Gregory V. Wilson, Dr. Dobbs Journal (October 2004)
Build Your Own Automated Software Testing Tool
Whatever its claims, commercially available testing software is not automatic. Configuring it to test your product is almost as time–consuming and error–prone as purely manual testing.
There is an alternative that makes both engineering and economic sense: building your own, truly automatic tool. Inside, you ll learn a repeatable, step–by–step approach, suitable for virtually any development environment. Code–intensive examples support the book s instruction, which includes these key topics:
- Conducting active software testing without capture/replay
- Generating a script to test all members of one class without reverse–engineering
- Using XML to store previously designed testing cases
- Automatically generating testing data
- Combining Reflection and CodeDom to write test scripts focused on high–risk areas
- Generating test scripts from external data sources
- Using real and complete objects for integration testing
- Modifying your tool to test third–party software components
- Testing your testing tool
Other Recommended Books-Best VLSI Books
Integrated Test Design & Automation: Using the TestFrame method-This book is written by Hans Buwalda is the original architect behind the Action Words concept which now forms part of the TestFrame method.Dennis Janssen is product manager at the TestFrame Research Centre and has worked as a test manager at several large financial institutions.Iris Pinkster is a test coordinator who has introduced structured testing in a wide variety of industries, and is now responsible for the TestFrame Analysis courses at CMG in the Netherlands.This practical guide enables readers to understand and apply the TestFrame method – an open method developed by the authors and their colleagues which is rapidly becoming a standard in the testing industry.
With the aid of this book, readers will learn how to
- customize the TestFrame method for their organizations
- develop reusable testing standards
- make optimum use of automated testing tools
- reuse and maintain test products
IT managers will learn how to improve the control the test process and assess results, and expert testers will learn effective ways of automating test execution in a structured way.
Happy Reading ” Top 10 Best Test Automation Books” !!!